Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

no HomeAccess test!
Mar 9, 2008

Dr. Bob...

Please advise people to not rely on HomeAccess test results! i took a HA test and it was negative. Having no exposures since testing (9 months ago), i have PN, ED, and i believe some lean muscle loss. in other words, i am positive as no other conditions are possible for my symptoms.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Nope! I totally disagree with both your premise and your conclusion. First off, if you have a negative Home Access test at nine months, you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. Next, if indeed you have "PN, ED" and whatever else and in addition you have a negative Home Access at nine months, you most certainly are not HIV positive and something else must be responsible for your symptoms. Finally, Home Access testing is remarkably accurate with sensitivity and specificity approaching 100%.

So I guess we'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree on absolutely everything you wrote. And, by the way, since I'm the HIV/AIDS expert here, I would hope my scientifically based assessment would supersede your anxiety-based assumptions.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Safety of Oral Sex
Next
Realistic Concern?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.