PeP and Testing

Hello Doctors, I am very concerned on whats going on. I had a one time broken condom episode last WEEK, I am currently on PEP and having a lot of problems with it making me sick, but here is my question, I got the stripper I had the encounter with and had her tested, she came back negative, so here is the problem, what if she was infected two weeks before I slept with her, since obviously she won't show up positive, could it be possible that she can spread it? Second when is a good time to get tested when I get off PeP because I am losing my mind, My school work is lacking and work is horrible, please advice asap.

Thank you

Is it possible your partner could test HIV-antibody negative but still transmit the virus to you following a condom failure episode? Yes, it's theoretically possible for her to be in her window period during which she is indeed HIV infected but has not yet developed detectable levels of anti-HIV antibody for seroconversion. Yes, she could be infectious during this period. However, the statistical likelihood of this actually happening is extremely low. That you are also on PEP would decrease these already extremely low odds even further.

Because you are on PEP, I recommend that you be followed by an HIV specialist. HIV specialists are best equipped to document the actual degree of risk; optimize your PEP regimen; monitor, evaluate and manage all PEP-related side effects and toxicities; and arrange for and interpret all post-PEP HIV tests.

The post-PEP guidelines recommend testing at both the three- and six-month marks. You can read much more about PEP, antiretroviral side effects and HIV testing in the archives. Have a look!

Good luck!

FROM INDIA...SALUTE,THANKS AND LOVE...
re: Should I get PEP