Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can you help me please
Mar 8, 2008

ok, since i was like 14 i been terryfied by the hiv virus being on tv comercials or anywhere else and i have taken 5 different tests and all of them have come back negative i had sex with three girls on 2006 one girl i had sex with was in like july of 2006 the other one in like aug of 06 and my ex who i had sex last on dicember of 06 i took a test in oct of 07 with this 20 minute testing things you put in your mouth like a sucker and then they tell you the results in like 20 min, anyways mine came back negative again. so my question is. is it possible that the test resulst were wrong after 10 months that i had sex last. i took this test in a govenamental couty health center. i'l apreciate your response thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You've been "terryfied" by HIV's being on TV commercials??? Hmm . . . dude, let me guess. Were you perhaps a product of home schooling or a victim of Dubya's abstinence-only-until-marriage sex education fiasco??? Yeah, I thought so. TV commercials??? What channel were you tuned into that promoted such fears? Fox? Oh, OK, now I understand. Despite what you might have heard on Fox or found on some rightwing religious Web sites, you can't contract HIV via TV, unless of course you decide to have unsafe sex with an HIV-positive hottie bent over your TV monitor. Likewise you can't get HIV in the mail, from mosquitoes or doorknobs or from voting for Democrats. These are all lies and fear-mongering put out by science-phobic rightwing wingnuts.

Your negative rapid HIV test (oral swab) 10 months after your last potential exposure is definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative. If you want to stay that way, all you need to do is practice safer sexual techniques, most importantly using a latex condom and water-based lube for all episodes of penetrative sex. I suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information about HIV, HIV prevention and HIV transmission that can be found on this Web site, in the archives and on the related links. If you continue to perseverate on irrational and unwarranted HIV fears, get psychological counseling. Also don't forget to vote Democratic, because we desperately need to reinstate science-based, age-appropriate sex education back into our schools so more kids don't wind up with your kind of problems!

Dr. Bob

Previous
PEP question
Next
Can I WOOOHOOOO!!!? Dr Bob you're gonna like this one!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.