Casual Nightmare

I was walking out of a restaurant the other night and a homeless man was waiting outside my truck. He approached my group of friends and asked who drove the my truck. I told him i did and he preceded to shake my hand (Not conscious of consequence). He then followed to tell me that he was suffering from the AIDS virus and asked for money. Granted he did in fact have AIDS, do I have anything to worry about from shaking his hand? I heard casual contact is impossible to transmit AIDS but I washed my hands immediately when I got home (because I didn't notice if he was cut/bleeding nor if I was). I also heard that transmission from the mucuous membrane is common and I did masturbate that night (After washing my hands when I got home). Do I have anything to worry about from any portions of my story? Thanks in advance!

Twenty-seven years into the HIV/AIDS pandemic and you are worried about contracting it from a handshake from a homeless guy??? WOWZA! Tell me it isn't so! Our HIV-awareness-and-education efforts really can't have fallen to that low a level, have they??? Are you also worried that since I'm HIV positive and responding to your question that you might contract it through your computer monitor as you read this contaminated message???

Dude, your HIV risk is nonexistent, even with your "burping the nephew" later that night, OK?

Your post's title, "casual nightmare" is apt for two reasons. Nightmares are scary dreams that aren't real, just like your HIV fears. Second, it's nightmarish for HIV AIDS educators to realize folks are still freaking out over casual contact as a potential means for HIV transmission.

5TH TIME FROM INDIA..NOBODY TO GUIDE...WILL DONATE ASAP
genetically engineer immune cells into potent weapons for battling HIV (CTL, GENE THERAPY)