Hey, knock it off

I read your answers daily, have donated to your foundation, and will continue to do so.

But, dude, come on, you've got to stop bagging on Utah all the time. I know you are making a joke, but the whole, 'republican commnunity that can't kiss thing,' aside from being totally false, encourages a small-mindedness in perception that is in direct contrast to what I know you to promote.

There are small-minded Mormon towns in Utah, of course, just as there are small-minded whatever towns in every other place in the world. But did you know Salt Lake City (the actual City) has had a democratic mayor for over a decade, is a majority non-Mormon, has an oustanding AIDS Foundation, and has one of the larger gay populations in the Western US? Salt Lake County acutally just voted to give benefits to domestic partners. (Not as early as some cities, but hey, at least they did it).

This isn't an HIV question, so you don't need to post it. And maybe I need to lighten up a bit (I know you are kidding), but I also feel strongly that you are encouraging a stereotype that is dated by about 30 years.

I guess I just wanted to let you know that sometimes a stereotypical joke at the expense of a group of people (or a whole state for that matter) can make some of your biggest fans/supporters feel isolated a bit. That being said, I believe in your message so strongly, I will continue to support you even when you piss me off.

Hi Utah-Guy,

I stand corrected! And I'm delighted to hear that Salt Lake City is far more enlightened than I imagined. Now any chance you could do something about those pretentious, ostentatious totally ridiculous looking monstrosities the Mormons call temples? The ones that look like they've been teleported right out of Oz? (I'm only kidding, OK?) I really am a live-and-let-live kind of guy. It's just our local Mormon cult is quite vehemently homophobic and consequently whenever I see one of their Oz-like magic kingdom castles, I get the urge to write "Surrender Dorothy" across the front door.

Nonetheless I do promise to lighten up on Utah, OK? Can we still be best buddies?

more uninfected partners
Dr Bob please reply back