Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hey, knock it off
Mar 5, 2008

I read your answers daily, have donated to your foundation, and will continue to do so.

But, dude, come on, you've got to stop bagging on Utah all the time. I know you are making a joke, but the whole, 'republican commnunity that can't kiss thing,' aside from being totally false, encourages a small-mindedness in perception that is in direct contrast to what I know you to promote.

There are small-minded Mormon towns in Utah, of course, just as there are small-minded whatever towns in every other place in the world. But did you know Salt Lake City (the actual City) has had a democratic mayor for over a decade, is a majority non-Mormon, has an oustanding AIDS Foundation, and has one of the larger gay populations in the Western US? Salt Lake County acutally just voted to give benefits to domestic partners. (Not as early as some cities, but hey, at least they did it).

This isn't an HIV question, so you don't need to post it. And maybe I need to lighten up a bit (I know you are kidding), but I also feel strongly that you are encouraging a stereotype that is dated by about 30 years.

I guess I just wanted to let you know that sometimes a stereotypical joke at the expense of a group of people (or a whole state for that matter) can make some of your biggest fans/supporters feel isolated a bit. That being said, I believe in your message so strongly, I will continue to support you even when you piss me off.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Utah-Guy,

I stand corrected! And I'm delighted to hear that Salt Lake City is far more enlightened than I imagined. Now any chance you could do something about those pretentious, ostentatious totally ridiculous looking monstrosities the Mormons call temples? The ones that look like they've been teleported right out of Oz? (I'm only kidding, OK?) I really am a live-and-let-live kind of guy. It's just our local Mormon cult is quite vehemently homophobic and consequently whenever I see one of their Oz-like magic kingdom castles, I get the urge to write "Surrender Dorothy" across the front door.

Nonetheless I do promise to lighten up on Utah, OK? Can we still be best buddies?

Dr. Bob

Previous
more uninfected partners
Next
Dr Bob please reply back

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.