HIV Wife

Yesterday morning my wife was in for a routine HIV test required for her visa, here in Dubai. She rang crying her eyes out, not only had she just found out she was HIV+ she was immediately Jailed,I went to her and was told only that she had to be out on the next plane. I didnt even have time to discuss it with her, we put her on a plane, and I went immediately to the doctor myself.. I am by some miracle HIV negative. My questions are so many, my wife is with her family at home and now I must leave to be with her. I will ask just some simple questions.. I am told I need test in 3 weeks again.. what is the likely hood I have it..? Are there odds for this.? when will I be clear.. If anyone in Dubai reads this they need to have tests overseas before coming here, there were other girls in same jail who have been there for months, waiting for sponsor to get them out of country. Its criminal that they can be treated this way in a supposedly modern society. Horrific..

Yes, I am aware of Dubai's discriminatory and unconscionable HIV/AIDS policy. It has absolutely no scientific basis and has been strongly criticized by the international community. I suggest you contact friends and family and encourage them to begin a movement to demand this policy be abolished.

Regarding your question, if indeed your wife is HIV+ (as opposed to having a false-positive HIV test), you will need additional HIV-antibody tests at three and six months to confirm your negative HIV status. I suggest you review the information in the archives pertaining to magnetic couples (one poz, one negative), HIV statistics and HIV testing.

Good luck to both you and your wife. Please give her a hug from me and introduce her to this Web site. She may well benefit from the information here as well.

Finally, shame on Dubai!!! Shame! Shame! Shame!

should i get retested?
Can it be possible? Thai expat