should i get retested?

Hi!i'm a 20 year old girl from El salvador.The situation is this: I gave my ex boyfriend unprotected oral sex, and even though he never ejaculated, he did pre cum. That was my first and last sexual experience. I've never had intercourse or any other sexual activity with anyone el se before. After we broke up, the possibility of getting HIV from that encounter with my boyfriend, began to be on in mind, I felt terribly bad, about it 'cause as you might know, in Latin American countries, well,sex or anything related to it before marriage is like the worst thing you can do. Anyhow, I waited 33weeks and got tested (a rapid test in a private hospital here in my country,one of the best hospitals in the country I must say). In order to get tested in this place, of course I needed some money, and a lot of courage, so I told my parents tat I felt deeply sad and due that I didn't know my ex-hivstatus, I wanted to get tested. I didn't have the courage to confess why i felt worried, but it really wasn't neccessary, 0cause my parents understood my concern and were very supportive. The results were negative 8=) !!! Now, my question is, ¿Do you think that aonther test would be neccesary?Did I wait enough time to get tested? should I still be worried?

thanks for your time , this resurse is yous amazing, as people are you are too!

take care

yours truly, littlechetara!

Hello Little Chetara,

Your negative rapid HIV test at 33 weeks is definitive and conclusive. No additional HIV tests are warranted or necessary.

I recommend you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site and its related links. It will provide you with a better understanding of HIV disease, safer sexual practices, HIV testing and HIV prevention.

Be well. Stay well.

pcr necessary?
HIV Wife