The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Myelodysplastic/stem cell transfusion

Mar 5, 2008

Hello Doctor: My partner just returned from the NIH and after several bone marrow biopsy's has been diagnosed with myeloysplastic lukemia in the later stages. Immediate efforts have begun to locate a suitable doner among his siblings. There is major concern finding a doctor, hospital, etc. who would be familiar with this situation and also HIV complications who can conduct the procedure. NIH wants knowledge on both sides. Do you have any referrals or recommendations regarding where or who to contact? PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO ANSWER AS THIS IS IMMEDIATE & DESPERATE NEED. Thank're a great man!

myelodysplastic, then a stem cell transfusion

Response from Dr. Frascino


I'm sorry to hear about your partner's recent diagnosis. Most major medical centers in large cities should be able to help you. I don't know where you are writing from; however, I will provide you with one contact who may be able to help. I would recommend Ron Mitsuyasu, M.D. He is an excellent oncologist and HIV specialist and personal friend who works at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles) as the Director of the Center of AIDS Research and Education (CARE). Phone number: 310-301-8680.

Good luck to both you and your partner. Give him a hug from me, OK?

Dr. Bob

It will take only 10 seconds..pls answer
pcr necessary?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint