Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

It will take only 10 seconds..pls answer
Mar 5, 2008

Dear Dr.Frascino,

I am 30 years circumcised male from India.5 months back I received oral sex from unknown status female for about 30 secondsI am sure she must be having multiple partners. she took some pills after that also, I dont know what those tablets were, anyway my problem is: I had cough and cold for a week last month.and body ache also.may be because of anxiety. I had a reddish skin(not any blood) on my penis near to head at the time of exposure and it is natural it is always there,From last months I am having some rashes(no bleeding) around anus, it itches badly, Dr said that it is simple infection but I am not having any relief even after taking medicines from last 15 days.

I had done tests after 4 months(16 weeks) after exposure and the results as follows: 1. HIV 1,2 & p24 antigen(ELISA) 2. Hepatitis B Virus, HBsAg(ELISA) 3.VDRL 4.Hep C Virus,HCV(Screen)

Results are NON REACTIVEThank God.

Is it conclusive??? Or I need to get tested at 6 months mark, I am really worried about rashes which are around my anus.Is it HIV Symptom or any other Std which docter is not able to find out. Please help me. waiting for ur valuable reply....I am really worried about it...!!! Also please tell me how to donate from india.Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Yes, your results are indeed conclusive and definitive. You do not have HIV, hepatitis B, syphilis or hepatitis C. No additional HIV testing is warranted. If you decide to get a repeat HIV test at six months, the results would undoubtedly again be negative.

Regarding your perianal rash, unfortunately I cannot diagnose the exact cause over the Internet. There are many common ailments that can produce this symptom from simple dry skin to fungal rashes. One thing is absolutely certain: The cause of your rash is not related to HIV! If you are having difficulty clearing this problem up, I suggest you see a dermatologist (skin doctor).

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. From India, as from anywhere else in the universe, the foundation appreciatively welcomes cash, credit cards, PayPal, personal checks, bank checks, direct-wire bank transfers, appreciated securities, oil fields, diamond mines, old rocket ships, whatever. Thank you for your interest in helping others in desperate need. Congratulations on your negative HIV status. WOO-HOO!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Single mother...very worried - Will donate $ 100.00
Next
Myelodysplastic/stem cell transfusion

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.