I chickened out...no WOOHOO yet.

Hi Dr.Bob... Its me, the teenager who made the BIG mistake. I hate to admit, but i chickened out today. It is march 3rd, and my exposure was december 2nd.. so it suddenly hit me today that... holy crap! this test has alot greater chance of being positive than the 54 day test i took because it FOR SURE! I just don't think I can handle that.

Dr.Bob, I have alot of stuff coming up with school, and trips that I'm going on that I would not want to experience knowing that I'm HIV+ I know i know, i sound like Dubya again! But i could absolutely NEVER tell my parents that i got HIV or how i got it. So before i get tested i just want to know if there is anyway i can take treatment without my parents knowing.. it would suck to hide that, but at least i wouldnt ruin everyone's lives! It's really dawned on me how much of a monumental impact this whole thing has had on my life, regardless if im positive or negative..

I know that even if i'm negative, I will stop in on the forum every once in a while when i get a chance because i just feel like i owe you so much. You've been the biggest help in the entire world.. Out of 6.7 billion people in the world, you have been the only ONE that has really helped me through this. so thanks.

Is there any motivation you can give me to get tested, becuase I just feel like not knowing at least until i can figure things out about what i would do if i was positive is better for now.. of course ill get tested when im ready, but i can't turn out to be positive without having a plan of how to deal with it.

and i read through the forum just now and this hit my funny bone... cheered me up a bit, where do you get this stuff??? do you think of it yourself or did you get it from some cheesy website?

"I think you and your virally enhanced stud-muffin need to have a heart-to-heart talk. Of course if you're threatening to walk out on him if he's had a lapse in judgment, he may not be all that willing to be totally honest. (Selective amnesia could kick in for that isolated episode with the hot Fed Ex guy with the "big package" or the pizza delivery boy who delivered more pepperoni than pizza or cable guy who plugged in more than the cable-box or even the closeted Republican congressman with the "wide stance" in the next stall at the Minneapolis Airport or whomever.)"

I couldn't stop laughing when larry craig actually said on live national tv "i have a wide stance"... so i guess having a wide stance caused him to slide his hand under the stall and try to feel up an undercover cop!! HAHAHAHA.

alright well thanks dr.bob, hopefully i'll wake up tuesday with enough courage to get tested

..and if i turn out positive & all else fails, could i just drive over there and live in your basement or attic or something? (just kidding)

-Robby

Robby,

I'm disappointed in you and I imagine you're not too happy with yourself or your decision to procrastinate either. Your excuses are not real. You chickened out for one reason and one reason only irrational fear.

Robby, my advice is simple: Stop procrastinating. Get tested. You'll be glad you did. If on the off chance you do test positive, which I very, very, very strongly doubt will happen, write back and I'll walk you through what to do next step by step, OK? What I will not do is post or respond back to any further excuses for your not doing what you know needs to be done! It's time to grow up Robby. The rest of your adult life is waiting for you!

I'll await your WOO-HOO.

NEEDLE STICK TO BUTT INJURY
semi protected sex