Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

NEEDLE STICK TO BUTT INJURY
Mar 4, 2008

Doctor first of all i want to deeply thank you for your response to my question, but my other question is do you think its neccesary for me to start on pep?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Dude! No, absolutely not! Why would anyone consider PEP for a bite on the ass from a presumably gay stinging insect or spider? Unless you're assuming PEP stands for Psychological Evaluation of a Paranoiac, because if that is indeed the case, then yes, by all means proceed with my blessings.

Dr. Bob

needlestick injury to butt Mar 3, 2008

Please doctor, i know youve been anwsered this same questions millions of times but please help me i going crazy at this moment, just 4 hours ago i was at coffee shop when i felt a sting in my right buttcheeck, and im almost freaking sure it was someone who stung me with a needle, after this incident there is a red dot on my right but check and its mildly stinging, now 4 hours later its still stinging and hurts and im going crazy, could i have been exposed in any way? im ready to make a donation right away doc, thank you so much for your time

-tom

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Tom,

You are "almost freaking sure someone stung (you) with a needle"????? Hmm . . . so let me get this straight. You were having a nice cappuccino at Starbucks and you think a crazed HIV-positive lunatic came up to you and injected your butt with HIV-tainted blood? Hmm . . . don't you think you would have seen the deranged maniac wielding a blood filled syringe if this really occurred? And why would said deranged syringe-wielding HIV-positive maniac be hanging around the coffee shop anyway? Your fears are completely unwarranted and borderline paranoid. Most likely your little owie was due to a stinging insect (possibly gay considering his "rear" attack). I see absolutely no cause for alarm or worry.

Thanks for your kind donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
alopecia areata
Next
I chickened out...no WOOHOO yet.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.