alopecia areata

I rec'd unprotected oral in November (from someone who claims to be healthy but is questionable as far as I am concerned), and in January started getting alopecia areata.

I had an RNA and rapid test in January (about 65 days), negative. The clinicians assure me their is no chance I have hiv (to be safe I took another oral test at 14 1/2 weeks and it was negative).

They are all very experienced -- one mentioned that aa is not an early symptom of hiv.

I did have severe allergies (which apparently are autoimmune) last year, but no hair problems. I was also under a huge amount of stress in December, which is what the dermatologist thinks it is.

Should I still be concerned?

Your negative HIV-antibody test at 14.5 weeks is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Even though "allergies" are not technically "autoimmune" conditions, I agree your alopecia areata problem is definitely not HIV related. Stress can indeed be a common cause.

Should you still be concerned about HIV? The short answer is no. The longer answer is nope!