The Worried one - DONATION ON THE WAY!

Hello Dr. Bob, I have written and donated to you before. I promised myself not to do stupid things anymore,however it is easy to say than accomplish... Anyway, I was out of town on a conference and met a guy in a bar. We french kiised all night long and he fingered me several times. The guy told me that he likes to sleep around and never took an HIV test before. The following are my questions dear Dr. Bob: - Am I at risk of HIV transmission? - What are the chances of getting HIV this way? - Do I have to be tested?

You "French kiised"? Hmm . . . sounds kinky.

At any rate neither a night of tonsil hockey "a la francais" nor several episodes of finger play are considered significant risk factors for HIV transmission. The primary reason to get HIV tested would be to put any residual (and unwarranted) worries permanently to rest. Should you decide to test, wait for the three-month mark, as tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

You really are something...
Life ends? Depressed