Thank you for responding Dr Bob

It was an honour to get your reply! Thank you so much!! I don't mean to keep bugging you at all doc but if you ever have the time I'd love to know your opinion on my current situation, I am still worried but the wole "miserable dude" story and your good karma has helped me much aswell as this site.

I have a flu after this past weekend of sleeping with a prostitute (after having protected sex and Blowjob with the condom on)I got soaked after a concert so I am guessing that's why it became worse but I had it two days after the situation happened. Needless to say I feel guilt and alot of emotional pain after doing somehting like that I guess you could call me "miserable dude 2" since I had some exposures back in december aswell. I'm not sure what to do if you can elaborate on this if you have sometime it would of great help..if not that's fine aswell. Thank you for the good vibes and I hope you have an aweosme weekend

Thanks for your kind comments. Regarding your current concerns I've covered these issues many times in this forum. Have a look in the archives for detailed responses.

Briefly:

1. Symptoms of acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) following primary HIV infection do not show up within hours to a few days after exposure. They generally manifest themselves two-three weeks following primary infection. Consequently your "flu" 48 hours after sex is most likely not HIV related.

2. Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break.

3. The only reason you are a "miserable dude" is you are a "guilty guy!"

seeya dubya :)
my boyfriend tested positive