RE; Last Attempt - I'm begging you to respond! Donation on its way

Thank you so much for responding to my question. I am sorry for sending you so many messages - i was starting to feel out of control. I just sent a donation and just want you to know how thankful I am for you taking the time to put my mind at ease. I did make an appointment with and HIV specialist so hopefully that will resolve this issue once and for all!

You're welcome. And certainly no apology is warranted. Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. I remain confident the HIV specialist will absolutely concur with my assessment that HIV is not your problem. (See below.) If your shrink continues to have doubts, despite our assertions to the contrary, I suggest you find a more competent psychiatrist.

Last Attempt - I'm begging you to respond! Donation on its way Feb 29, 2008

I can't sleep, I can't eat, I have been seeing a psychiatrist, who says that my concerns are rational, which has only made the worry more intense.

I have read the archives and found that HIV tests detect antibodies to all HIV 1 subtypes. I have had an HIV 1/ HIV 2 Plus O test, and it was nonreactive (2 and a half years after possible exposure).

I have always been prone to yeast infections, but I have been getting them frequently lately, as well as having an itchy/sore anus, and a white coating on my tongue. I have read that thrush does not happen in healthy adults. I am not taking any anitbiotics which might cause it, and I feel otherwise healthy, except that I am preoccupied with worrying about these symptoms and can't seem to function to do anything else anymore. I saw a dentist who said he can't explain the white coating, but isn't positive that it's thrush - i have to go back in a week.

My concern is over sexual contact with someone who was born and lived most of his life in Africa (not sure what part). How prevelant is HIV type N? Should I consider the HIV 1/2 plus O test to be an accurate reflection of my status - even though I'm experiencing these other symptoms. I have stopped having sex with my husband for fear of infecting him, and decided to postpone our plans to have children because I don't want to pass anything on to them. This fear is taking over my life.

I am off to search the archives to see where I can send a donation. Thank you so much for ANY advice you can provide. I really, really appreciate your site, and I've found it incredibly helpful, but I'd love a personal response, to either ease my mind, or to suggest another test I can have to detect possible variants to HIV found in Africa. Again, thank you so, so much!

I strongly disagree with your psychiatrist's conclusion that your HIV fears are rational. They are not. Can you consider your negative HIV-1/2 plus O accurate 2.5 years after your last potential exposure with your partner who lived most of his life in Africa conclusive? Absofrickinlutely! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Fear of HIV is your problem! If you or your psychiatrist doubt my strong assertion that you are conclusively and definitively HIV negative, I would suggest you see an HIV specialist in your area who will give you a complete written evaluation documenting your HIV-negative status, which you can then bring to your psychiatrist. Treatment of your underlying irrational HIV fears and resultant anxiety will eventually restore your health. Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Feel better, OK? Remember, HIV is not your problem!

Immunizations
Hottie RN Update...