Dr. Bob--Desperate Opinion!!

Dr. Bob,

How are you? I really trust the advice you give on here and am desperate to put a regretful incident behind me once and for all...here goes..

I had sex with a CSW at a (legal) brothel in Sydney. I had protected oral and vaginal (no failure of condom whatsoever-and only lasted like 3 mins). I started noticing symptoms that are consistent with ars (as well as some that are not) about 5months later and have persisted ever since (10mos now).

I got an HIV test (in US) at 5 months (22 weeks I believe) and it was negative (antibody test). I was worried that I needed to wait 6 months so I had another test at 27 weeks (negative antibody). I know this is similar to other posts, but, I'm a worrier and have a girlfriend and would fell HORRIBLE if I did have hiv and passed to her. SO, basically, I just wanted to get opinion on my specific case (after she took of condom I wiped area with towel and took shower about 2 hours later when home) I feel that my risk was extremely low, but need you expert opinion (and hopefully woo-hoo opinio) so I can put this out of my mind for good.

So, should I test anymore? Or are my 2 test definitive that I definitely do not have hiv?

Thanks so much in advance. I will be making a donation after this incident as well!!

Hey there Aussie worrywart,

You had protected oral and vaginal sex with a Sheila at a Sydney Badda Bing and the whole thing only lasted three minutes? Wow, talk about wham bam thank you ma'am! Did you get a Quick Draw McGraw refund? I thought your studly Dudley Aussie boys were supposed to root like wombats not pop your corks at the slightest touch.

Regarding your question, you can relax Max! Your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Your negative HIV tests at five and six months are indeed definitive and conclusive. Mate, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Thanks for your willingness to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Now stop worrying. "She'll be apples," as they say down under. Go pet a koala or jump around with a kangaroo or whatever it is you lads do when you're happy. Just stay away from that vegemite stuff. It's vile.

G'day mate and WOO-de-frickin-HOO!

Last Attempt - I'm begging you to respond! Donation on its way
PEP worth the risks? (PEP)