I love my positive boyfriend

Hello, before I even post my question I want to say thank for providing individuals who visit this forum the opportunity to communicate with a health professional. Now onto my story, I have been dating my current boyfriend for about two months now. I originally met him as an escort. The first night we were intimate I was sure to use a condom. I was the top and both of us participated in unprotected oral sex. Weeks after we had sex twice more and unfortunately due that aweful heat of the moment thing i decided not to use a condom. I was still the top, and was never penetrated. Shortly after he informed he had been positive for 7 years. Since this news I have had every acute HIV infection (swollen nodes, sore throat, muscle ache). I have taken antibody test at 4,5,6,and even 8 weeks. I have also taken a pcr test which was negative at 6 weeks. Our last sexual ecounter was in January 15. Despite this he has truly been there to support me, and in the course of everything we've become a couple. I should also add that my doctor allowed me a truvada prescription about three weeks after my exposure and took them for about a week then stopped completely because of the horrid syptoms. My boyfriend's viral load is undetectable in his blood work and takes his mede daily. I guess my question is are my results promising. I have been killing myself with anxiety since this whole ordeal and I will get retested at the 3 and 6 month mark. I know my results aren't conclusive, I just want some hope that negative at these intervals are a good indication on non infection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The vast majority of folks with primary HIV infection will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood by eight weeks. Therefore your negative HIV tests out to eight weeks are extremely encouraging! That your new stud muffin's viral load was undetectable decreases the risk of HIV transmission significantly. I agree with your plan for testing at three and six months. The odds you did not contract HIV from this heat-of-the-moment lapse in judgment are indeed astronomically in your favor.

The one thing I don't agree with is your doctor's decision to give you Truvada three weeks after exposure. This makes absolutely no sense and could very well do much more harm than good. I'm glad you stopped taking it.

is this unusual
Really worried