2nd Time, Blood Plasma Transfusion

Hi there Dr Bob, Sorry for being such a pain in the ass, I know you are busy and I realy do appreciate your time,thankyou. I had 4 units of blood plasma transfused here in the US ucla westwood to be exact. I took it upon myself to get tested for Hiv-1, Hep B and Hep C. All came back negative fours months after the transfusion, do you think I need to retest at six months for HIV? or would you consider my 4 month test conclusive?

Thankyou! Bloody Plasma

Hello Bloody Plasma,

I would not have recommended even the initial four-month test, so I'm certainly not going to recommend retesting at six months!

Yes, your test results are conclusive (and also were totally unnecessary, in my opinion).

Scurvy affect test results? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Ofra Haza