Thank you Dr Bob and thanx Miserable dude

I know you already read my story and I'm sure you felt I had to look further for the answers here around here. I know how nauseating it must be to get the same question over and over and over again Dr Bob. I also thank you for responding it so many times, sometimes we're just too selfcentered to realize that the problem might already have an answer..there's a sense of relief from your words when they're aimed directly at someone saying "Hiv is not your problem". I think alot of us want to hear that. Thank you for taking time off your life to gives us such great karma. U rock man!

I wanted also to thank "miserable dude" for although I already made a very similar mistake (albeit having sex & blowjob with a prostitute with a condom on compeltely drunk out of my mind)and I am very worried, (I think I'm gettng the flu 3 4 days afer exposure)his post really elped me and I'm sure alot others will find it very helpful. I hope he comes back when the results of his test are negative and can inspire others as the ones in the worried well.

Thanxx Dr Bob for existing and for making us smile with your comments, jokes ad stregth of spirit. Rock on,and best viebs this year!

You're welcome and thanks for your thanks. Oh and by the way we renamed "Miserable Dude". He's now "Compassionate Fellow." I'm confident his miserable days are now behind him. (See below.)

Be well. Stay well.

Hi Dude,

Thank you and yes, I can assure you one gift will touch many lives, helping to turn hopelessness into hope. On behalf of those individuals, please accept my heartfelt thanks. I think we can now rename you from "Miserable Dude" to "Compassionate Fellow"!

Be well.

The End Feb 24, 2008

This is not a question. I just wanted to thank you for all of the info and compasion you provide when people really need it. I know you can joke and kid but somehow you also know when something is really bad. I have written a few times about my daughter and you always answered. Well our fight is over. She passed away two weeks ago after a 13 year fight. The point if you want to post this for those who come to your site looking for anwers is this : Please take this illness seriously and don't allow yourself to go into denial when you are feeling well. Take your medicines and don't take it for granted that when you mess one up there will always be another one or think the doctors will always be able to save you when you let things go to far. That is what she thought and now she is gone and we are all here missing her especially her young daughter who will not have her mother around to see her at HS dances, graduation, her wedding etc. Thanks Dr. Bob for all your caring...

I'm very sorry to learn of your daughter's passing. One thing I am certain of is that with her transition she has now found a place of health, comfort, peace and wonderment far, far beyond what we mere mortals can even dream about.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your insights. Let me end with a favorite poem of mine by Emily Dickinson:

This world

Is not conclusion:

A sequel stands beyond,

Invisible, as music,

But positive,

As sound.

(-Emily Dickinson)

You have my heartfelt condolences.

Dr. Bob...I am sending YOU Good Luck Karma!
Transmission of std