please answer I'm desperate
Feb 27, 2008
Hello Dr Bob, Please can you answer these questions I have, as everytime I search the answers are different depending on where I have searched. Is a Negative Hiv test,years after possible exposure always correct?Also do antibiotics affect the results?I would like to put my mind at rest but keep wondering, Ive noticed alot of people are scared even after a Negative result but they all seem to have had several tests. Also I have over the last few months had a outburst of about 200 cambell de morgan spots all over my body could this really be KS? My doctor said they are cambell de morgan spots but he didn't do a biopsy so can I be sure on his diagnosis as he only looked at them? I'm only 28 and I thought they started to appear after 40. Please answer my questions even if they are repeated as I can not find a straight answer anywhere.
Thanks p.s Do I need to donate for a reply?
Response from Dr. Frascino
If you search this site, I'm quite confident the answers to your questions will be quite consistent. I personally have addressed these issues multiple times always with the same facts. (Check the archives!)
1. A FDA-approved HIV tests taken outside the window period is considered definitive and conclusive (unless there are extenuating circumstances).
2. No, antibiotics do not affect HIV test results.
3. Campbell de Morgan spots do not resemble KS. I have no reason to doubt your doctor's assessment. If concerned you can check with a dermatologist.
4. No, of course you don't need to donate to get a reply. My work here is free and available to all. Donations to any charity should be given only in the spirit of generosity and compassion.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Antigen P24 2 Weeks After Exposure
- Are Red Dots On Tongue And Swollen Lymph Nodes Signs Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.