|Now following the rules and regulations ! writing once only
Feb 27, 2008
Hello sir , I regret for submitting question more than once .I did so because of anxiety and not for disturbing you. I tried to follow your advice of searching over archives but still i am not able to overcome my fears .Having a view on archive i can guess probably you will say "HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!" .But i want to listen that only from you . please say at least that much for me .Please doctor it will help me a lot from overcoming my fears. please Dr.Bob answer my question
When i was of 15 (2001) ,i got engaged in unprotected anal sex with my friend . At that time i was not aware of sex and hiv very much . This is the only incidence which put me on the risk . After that i got sick and i felt ARS symptoms like fever for more than a month , enlarge lymph nodes , mouth ulcers , whitish tongue , skin rash. It took more than a month for me to back to normal .I also observed many white spots or pimples on skin of the head of the penis , which disappeared in 2-3 weeks. After that i remained healthy for certain period of time . But then many a times i suffered from serious fevers(which remains for long period) , small rashes in hand ( which appears and disappears) , Burning sensation in hands , enlarge lymph nodes , body pain , mental problems(reduced thinking capability) , mouth ulcers etc.
In 2004 end i had to go outside for studies , where i suffered from tuberculosis of lungs with other complications. that time i felt seriously ill and was on complete bed rest for more than three months and it take one year to recover.From then onwards my body immune system decreased a lot .The pimples on my penis re-appeared and they are present till today. NOW i am suffering from severe body pains , enlarge lymph nodes which pains very much , very much reduced capability of thinking , certain mental complications , weight losses , liver problems, mouth ulcers (which remains for a month), itching. so i seriously doubt of suffering from hiv .so i took the following tests from 2006 starting:
-8 Elisa test , which all results negative
-7 Rapid test , which all results negative
-one hiv-1 pcr quantitative on Roche cobas amplicor , which results in < 400 copies(through collection center).
-one hiv-1 pcr qualitative on nucleic acid testing , which results in not detected(through collection center)..
I want to ask you the following questions:
1. what is going on with me.
2. what are my chances of suffering from hiv ,can it can be a rare strain of hiv which the test can not detect.
3. does i reached the advanced stage , so i am not able to produce antibodies.
4. does i need more testing or dr. bob certified clearance.
5. if not hiv , then what about my symptoms.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. I can't diagnose the cause of your current symptoms over the Internet. What I can tell you is that with eight negative ELISAs, seven negative rapid tests, one undetectable PCR RNA quantitative test and one undetectable PCR DNA qualitative test, (even a partridge in a pear tree) HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. (There, see, I said it!)
2. Your chances are essentially nonexistent.
4. No additional HIV testing is warranted. You are Dr. Bob-certified WOO-HOOable.
5. See response to question #1 above.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.