EXPOSURE TO VAGINAL FLUID

DEAR DR FRANSCINO,

Couple of weeks back went for a massage....nude woman, i masturbated her and then she masturbated me, the hand that she used had some vaginal fluid, after ejaculating i went into the toilet and washed my penis with soap and water... am i at risk???? also now took a HIV DUO test (4th generation) 18 days post exposure......very worrried....donation of $100 made into your foundation

I've answered many similar questions in the past. Check the archives for more detailed responses. Briefly, your HIV risk is negligible to nonexistent. Mutual masturbation is not considered a risk for HIV transmission. If you're worried, a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark would provide you with a definitive result. (It would undoubtedly be negative.) Your negative 18-day test is encouraging, but not considered conclusive, as it was done during the three-month window period.

Thank you for your generous donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test remains negative.

Scared Straight
Now following the rules and regulations ! writing once only