follow up on one person's question

Dear doctor Bob, kindly read through your response to a person below..i am just wondering is this is a comparable scenario with my experience? There was once a time when another man shot his semen on my chest..I am worried that HIV (if there is any) could penetrate my body pimple? I mean they are not really that fresh but just reddened bumps..if any case, for example they are fresh with pus and everything a pimple should have, are there any chances that these swollen pores allow HIV to penetrate the body? When that happened I immediately wiped it off with a towel but I am concerned too that the towel fibers could have opened my pores then allowed some semen to enter my skin..I would really appreciate your response. by the way I see that PayPal is available in the foundation, I'll use it. Thank you doctor have a good one.

Robert J. Frascino, M.D. via paypal? Jun 16, 2003

How's it hangin' doctor Bob? =) I have a question that I really need an answer too...

A couple months back I had sex with this guy. I'm a female, by the way... We had protected vaginal intercourse, but when hes was about to "finish" he pulled out, took off the condom, and came on my face. Not only did this surprise me, but it worried me too! =( I had a pimple on my face when his semen landed. I remember this because I don't get many pimples and I had popped the pimple a few hours before sex with him. I think I'm okay, because at the time I popped the pimple there was no blood, just puss or whatever. It was kinda big for a pimple, and I looked at it after we had sex and it was still very, very red, but no blood...

Since I was never bleeding there is no chance for hiv to reach my bloodstream, right?

The only reason I am worried is because I had a severe sore throat on the left side of my throat only, and a couple weeks after that my left armpit had some pain. (maybe cuz I was poking around with it, not sure...) BTW, even with the armpit pain there was nothing swollen in there at all...

Okay doctor Bob that's all! I also wanted to know if you have a paypal account for you foundation so I can send over some cash to help out...

Thank you so much!!! *Jessica

Hi Jessica,

"Hows it hangin?" Well, to the left at the moment, but Im not sure how that pertains to your question.

So Mr. Long Shot managed to shoot all the way up to your face and hit the popped pimple bulls-eye? Boy, some dudes just cant help showing off now, can they?

Relax, dear, you are not at any increased risk from partying with this hot shot. Stop poking your armpits. Its not healthy. Neither is popping pimples, by the way.

Sorry, The Foundation does not have a Pay Pal account or other ability to accept credit card donations. We do gladly accept checks, money orders, and direct wire transfers! Thanks for your willingness to help! Stay well.

Yes, the archival question would be comparable to your situation. The concept is that HIV cannot permeate intact skin. From your description I would say your HIV-acquisition risk would be negligible. As always, if you are worried, a rapid HIV test at the three-month mark would provide you with a definitive result. (It would undoubtedly be negative.)

Finally, yes, the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation does now accept tax-deductible donations via PayPal (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

Then why so many people diagonized positive ?
Wow