Safe Sex?

Hi Doctor Bob

My name is Itumeleng and I am from Soweto in South Africa. My friend told me about this website and it is very good - thank you. English is not my first language so sorry if I am not that good. I am worried. On Saturday night I had sex with a man, he tolds me the next day that he has HIV. I used a condom and when he teld me this I went and check the condom and it seem fine, no breaks in it and all the stuff still in the bottom. I am very scaird now, could I get hiv? Please help, what should I do? I though that I was doing safe sex but now my friends tell me I can still get it from this.

God Bless. I am sorry I have no money for a donation, but will help to tell others how to be safe.

Itumeleng

Hello Itumeleng,

If the latex condom was used properly and did not break, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. HIV cannot permeate intact latex.

I would suggest you spend some time perusing the wealth of information on this site and its related links. It should help you (and hopefully your friends too) understand more about HIV, HIV prevention and safer sexual practices.

Be well. Stay well.

Hiv and Precum
Then why so many people diagonized positive ?