Hiv and Precum

Hello Doctor

Ok, here is my story. I am a male who had unprotected sex with a guy on Jan 24th. First, we gave each other blowjobs, then I had anal sex with him, with me being the top. I used lube, but it wasn't working out well (couldn't get it to stay in), so then he lubed my hole by fingering me and then he lubed his penis and I became the bottom. I only let him have anal intercourse for 3 or 4 minutes, then stopped him. Then I just jerked him off. I did not let him ejaculate in me, because something inside of me told me to stop this. Also I did not see any pre-ejaculate at any point.

He says he is not hiv positive, but I'm not sure.

So here are my questions.

What are my chances of catching hiv from this sexaul encounter if he was hiv positive? It's my first and only sexual experience. I hope my chances are low.

Also, when I get an hiv test, should I wait 3 months, or 6 months?

Thanks

Dude, this was your first and only sexual experience and you decide to go commando-Rambo??? What were you thinking??? You obviously are wondering about HIV now. But didn't the thought ever cross your mind before you guys started playing hide the salami??? This is an ominous start to your sex life! I can only hope this entire experience will lead to wiser (and safer) choices in the future.

To answer your question, the estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected anal insertive and receptive sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures and 50 per 10,000 exposures, respectively. However, please note these are merely statistical estimates and cannot be used as real-risk statistics for any one specific coupling, as there are many confounding variables, such as viral load, concurrent infections, viral strain, immune integrity and a host of other factors that could influence whether or not viral transmission occurs in an individual situation.

The bottom line is that you need to:

1. Get an HIV test at the three-month mark.

2. Use latex condoms for all future episodes of penetrative sex.

update (stupid teenager)
Safe Sex?