update (stupid teenager)

Hey Dr.Bob, its me, the uneducated kid who made the uneducated mistake!

I was in a very bad mood when i sent you the thank you post because i was thinking about how screwed up my life will be if i turned out to be positive. However, i was thinking about how i didnt have a fever, my 54 day test was negative and that's "encouraging" and how it was only one exposure and not a very long exposure... so, i'm trying to stay positive for my 92 day post exposure test on monday! ughh i can't believe it's been only 92 days since i made the BIGGEST mistake of my life.. seems like this has dragged on forever!

Anyway, I'm feeling better (but my stomach still isnt right, and i don't feel good when i wake up and i have continued to lose weight) but I'm over the aweful 2 weeks that i went through three weeks after exposure where i thought i was going to die i felt so bad!!!

Since i'm feeling better, I'm actually getting really scared to get tested at three months because i know its "definitive" and is more likely to be positive than the 54 day test i took. Since finding out that im positive would completely alter my life and would lead my on a completely different path then what i've planned for my entire life, i'm actually starting to think maybe i should just live with this "in the back of my head" and not find out. Then again, I know i couldn't live with that kind of question eating away at me so im 99% sure that im going to get tested on monday, march 3, which will be 92 days after exposure.

Last question before you find out my "definitive" test:

Is 92 days truly definitive? I know you probably get this question all the time but the CDC says 97% are positive by three months.. 3 out of 100 is quite a few people! I know you say extenuating circumstances, but how do i know if i have that or not??? would a bacterial infection at the time of getting infected with HIV affect seroconversion?

Thank you Dr.Bob, Thank you so much. You'll be hearing from me in one week from today with my 3 month test results! Hopefully your good luck Karma stays strong!!!

-Robby

Hi Robby,

"Since finding out that I'm positive would completely alter my life and would lead me on a completely different path than what I've planned for my entire life, I'm actually starting to think maybe I should just live with this 'in the back of my head' and not find out"!!!! WHAT?????? Robby that is such a monumentally idiotic idea I would have guessed only Dubya could have dreamed it up! I'm glad you quickly came to your senses, realizing you "couldn't live with that kind of question eating away to (you)." I couldn't agree more. Just reread some of the e-mails you've sent me over the last few months. That should prove not knowing would be a colossal mistake and would surely wind up with you in a straightjacket locked in a padded cell. (Which of course is exactly where Dubya should be.)

To answer your questions: Yes, your 92-day test will be definitive. (It will also be negative.) You do not have "extenuating circumstances" and no, a bacterial infection would not affect seroconversion.

Finally, yes, my good-luck karma remains strong. I'll be waiting for (and anticipating) your WOO-HOO next week.

IS IT TIME TO WOO-HOO!!! IS IT TIME TO WOO-HOO!!! IS IT TIME TO WOO-HOO!!!
Hiv and Precum