Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Vote for McCain!!
Feb 23, 2008

"How could you not vote for McCain based on the dialog below?"--I sarcastically asked as I waited excitedly for Dr. Bob to go Chernobyl...

Q: What about grants for sex education in the United States? Should they include instructions about using contraceptives? Or should it be Bushs policy, which is just abstinence?

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) Ahhh. I think I support the presidents policy.

Q: So no contraception, no counseling on contraception. Just abstinence. Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV?

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) Youve stumped me.

Q: I mean, I think youd probably agree it probably does help stop it?

Mr. McCain: Im not informed enough on it. Let me find out. You know, Im sure Ive taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception Im sure Im opposed to government spending on it, Im sure I support the presidents policies on it.

Q: But you would agree that condoms do stop the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. Would you say: No, were not going to distribute them, knowing that?

Mr. McCain: (Twelve-second pause) Get me Coburns thing, ask Weaver to get me Coburns paper that he just gave me in the last couple of days. Ive never gotten into these issues before.

Dr., thanks again for your lifetime of work to educate and fight against ignorance.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Some folks may think you just made those quotes up. No one could be that clueless, right? Well, as it turns out, your quote is accurate and those are John McCain's word-for-word comments. Scary, eh? Guess it's a good thing they didn't ask him where babies come from.

(By the way, I doubt I'll need to go Chernobyl, because Obama will soon be squashing McCain and his backwards thinking.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
How can i bring HIV/AIDS testing to my high school?
Next
We need more people like you

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.