HI DOC, HOW YA DOING???

Dear Doc, How are you? Doc, I just think you are one of the most facinating person on earth. I thank you so much for being there for us even though you have so much on your plate. This is the situation, I recieved oral sex from an hiv positive person in April 2007. In May, I came down with a terrible neck pain, teribble sore throat and chills. Next thing to come was a really bad eye infection that kept recurring for several months and very dry skin. I also thought I had swollen lymph nodes in my groin, neck and arms. The kicker is my menstrual cycle has now changed, I have a heavy period sometimes and then sometimes my period is very light, sometimes, it comes none at all! I tested at 6 months in november and it was negative via needlestick. I am also having sinus problems, etc. I was exposed to hiv for a year before I found out that my boyfriend is positive. The last exposure via vaginal sex was July 2006 and the last oral exposure was April 2007. My last test was October 2008 and it was negative but I am still having neck pains and all the symptoms described above. Should I retest? I am extremely worried and dont know what to do. By the way, my exposure was about 2 minutes and no signs of blood or anything in his mouth. Please help me. The last time prior to testing October 2007 was February 2007. Sorry to be rambling but I am confused, can you help please? Worried and depressed.

Hello Worried and Depressed,

Repeatedly negative HIV tests out to six months from the time of your last potential exposure are considered to be definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is certain: It's not HIV. Negative FDA-approved HIV-antibody tests taken outside the window period (six months for you due to your significant exposure to a confirmed HIVer) trumps "symptoms" each and every time. I suggest you follow up with your general medical doctor for evaluation of any persistent medical problems you may be experiencing.

Good luck!

Living a nightmare , please help!
after I tested positive !!!!! I need help