Living a nightmare , please help!

For the past fortnight or so I`ve been living a nightmare I can`t shake off. I`ve scanned through other letters for hours but can`t seem to find and answer that gives me hope. I had unprotected oral with a sex worker just over a fortnight ago. They seemed to concentrate on the head of my penis more so than normal with hand and mouth and i think some sort of lubricant was used but can`t be sure what. My paranoia tels me it might of been blood or semen.As you`ve guessed I`m having anxiety problems. In the last 2 or 3 days my throat has became red but not really that sore and i have slightly sore glands in my neck. I went and seen my doctor who prescribed me anti biotics for possible Clymidia or Gonohorea which the tests came back neg. I know for reading through the archives that unprotected oral is seemingly low risk but I`m struggling to eat/sleep or work properly as i think I have ARS symptoms. How conclusive is a test at 6 weeks as i don`t think i can go any longer with the pretending to be normal routine. I have no-one to talk to. Please give me your honest opinion. I WILL donate to your charity , I swear to God if I see an answer. Please help me Dr Bob I`m desperate.

Hello Desperate,

Unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner of unknown HIV status carries only a very minimal risk of HIV acquisition. Why would your hooker decide to use "blood or semen" as a lubricant??? Your worries are irrational. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS. You identified your problems well in your post: ". . . I'm having anxiety problems . . . . I think I have ARS symptoms . . . . I have no one to talk to . . . ." Your fears are way, way, way out of proportion to any degree of actual risk. Your main problems are anxiety and irrational fear. I would suggest you seek help for those issues from a psychologist or therapist. You do need someone to talk to! You can bring a copy of the post and my reply to your first visit to help focus your therapy.

Regarding HIV testing, antibody testing done prior to the three-month mark is not considered to be definitive or conclusive. A six-week negative test would be encouraging, but not conclusive.

Thanks for your willingness to make a tax-deductible gift to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will be negative.

Finally, regarding "living a nightmare," you should realize that nightmares are merely bad dreams. They are not real. You need to wake up and smell the Starbucks!

Good luck! (And, speaking of Starbucks, order me a cappuccino, OK?)

Mouth problem, please help
HI DOC, HOW YA DOING???