Mouth problem, please help

Dear Dr. Robert J. Frascino:

I am so worried, I have a problem. It's been 1 year that I have gum swelling, but I'm afraid to visit the Dentist, because I was told that you can catch an STD at the dentist blood to blood like HIV, is that true? My family keeps telling I have to go because when I brushed my mouth is loaded with blood and I'm scared. Is the dentist safe to visit? can I really catch HIV at the dentist? I promise a donation, I always support this site. I'm relying on your answer to visit the dentist since you're an EXCELLENT HIV SPECIALIST, best of both worlds. Please help me.

Can you contract HIV by visiting a dentist? Sure. All you need to do is find an HIV-positive dentist willing to bend you over his dental chair and have unsafe sex with you. However, if you're not planning to visit an HIV-positive dentist and have unprotected sex, you should have absolutely no fears about acquiring HIV while having your dental work done, OK?

Think about it dude. If it really were unsafe to visit dentists, do you think anyone would go? So stop worrying and get your teeth and gums attended to without further delay before your teeth begin falling out and you start looking like a pirate.

Please help - it is starting again!
Living a nightmare , please help!