Please help - it is starting again!

Hello Doctor Bob,

Please answer my question...I am really wqorried about this!

I first wrote this site approximately 10 years ago after a possible sexual HIV exposure. I was tested negative at 6 months and 10 months and thought I was finished with the fear of HIV forever. Well, that was until I went to the dentist today.

I have had what appears to be loss of bone density in my top two front teeth, starting at the distal end, for about 4 years. It has continued to get worse (about 50% of tooth now). She did not mention HIV but said the tooth usually starts to be discolored at the top instead of distal end and was full of "hhhmmmmsss?".

I had no other oral problems but this worries me because I have read that HIV can cause bone density loss and mine seems odd. I live in a rural area and doubt my dentist has many patients that have HIV (if any) so she may or may not recognize this as a problem associated with HIV.

My question is do I need another HIV test even though I tested negative after 10 months (10 years ago) and have definitely not had any other possible exposures?

I know you are not a dentist but I would like your opinion on my testing situation.

Thank you for your time Doctor Bob. I promise a donation on the way!

You're really "wqorried"??? YIKES! That sounds serious. By the way, what's wqorried?

Your two negative HIV tests out to 10 months (10 years ago!) are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Whatever is causing your tooth problems, one thing is certain: It's not HIV!

Do you need more HIV tests? Nope. (If you don't believe me, get a rapid HIV test. The result will undoubtedly be negative and you'll have your negative result in as few as 20 minutes and then I'll be able to say "told ya so!") My advice is that you get a second opinion on what's going on with your teeth from another more experienced dentist.

Thanks for your tax-deductible gift to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org)! It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying about HIV.

perfect world
Mouth problem, please help