Need expert advice

Dear Doc Bob

First of all, thank you for the work you do. I have been reading the posts for over 3 months. Oh by the way, those criticisms you received awhile back were unwarranted.But I wont get into that, will run out of space.

On to my situation. I had protected sex with an escort 7 months ago. I am a male. For the first 3 months thereafter I was fine. Then I developed some symptoms. I have mild neuropathy symptoms, went to a doctor, diagnosed me with vitamin b12 and b9 deficiency. Also, I have two lymph nodes, 1 on the right side of my neck, and anotherbehind my ear. The one behind my ear feels like the head of a needle. The one in my neck is bigger, but still in the 1cm range. The doctor told me they are small and thus I shouldn't worry.

I have had 7 antibody tests out to 6 months, and a RT-PCR RNA Qual test at 4.5 months.

Currently I feel fine except I get real pains in my neck, armpits, groin and behind my knees.(lymph nodes?)

Also, I did a full STD screen, all negative except for Gardnerella. I dont know how I got this, I have never had unprotected sex in my life. Tested my girlfriend for this, she is also positive. I have read that this is normal in woman sometimes, and my girlfriend has been having some symptoms of Gardnerella even before my "mistake". Her symptoms was pain when urinating after sex, and whitish discharge. Also, I perform unprotected oral on my girlfriend. With the escort I did not perform any oral sex.

All the above makes me very worried. The vitamin deficiency which could be caused by HIV, the lymph nodes, and the Gradnerella which if I got it from the escort means I probibly got HIV too.

My question is, do you think I need more HIV tests, maybe out to 1 year. I know you will be honest in your answer.

Thank you for being such an amazing and enspiring person. Also thank you for the humour and putting a smile on my face during such dark times.

Seven negative antibody tests out to six months plus an undetectable RT-PCR RNA qualitative test at 4.5 months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV tests are warranted. Negative FDA-approved HIV tests taken outside the window period trump symptoms each and every time.

Your assumption that if you contracted Gardnerella from an escort you probably also contracted HIV is not correct. Some STDs are much more readily transmitted and acquired than others.

Relax Max. You're fine.

Scared out of my mind!!
baby or test?