Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral sex... please, I need some help. Also... where can I make a donnation??
Feb 21, 2008

Hi there... First of all I want to thank you for all your efforts in this page, and please forgive my English, Im not ammerican so my grammar is not perfect. I have seen in this page many articles and other questions that answered many doubts I had in the past. I know that my situation its not the firts one... I have seen others in the forums, but Ill be very grateful if you answer for me this doubt I have. My situation is the next: Four months ago, I practiced low risk activities with a woman. She is not a prostitute, but I know she has many sex partners. Basically she was masturbating me but at the end I finished in her mouth (5-10 seconds as much inside her mouth)... Then, at the first week of having this experience, I got sick with a small flu. The neck glands and also behind my arms were swollen. Also, I got an inflammation on my urethra. I went to the doctor and he told me that theres nothing to worry about. Nevertheless, I want to take all the possible precautions. I will be making the Elisa studio on the next week, but it will be reconfortable if you give me your opinion. I think that many of the symptoms I had were merely a placebo effect... What do you think?? Whats the possibility of getting HIV in my situation??

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The risk of acquiring HIV from masturbation and 10 seconds of insertive oral sex with ejaculation with a partner of unknown HIV serostatus is negligible at best. Your worries are unwarranted. A rapid HIV test or ELISA three months or more from the time of the event will give you a definitive result. (The test will undoubtedly be negative.)

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Good luck! I'm very confident you are indeed HIV negative.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Could I be the unlucky one???
Next
Third Time!! Please Dr for the sake of my sleep

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.