Could I be the unlucky one???

Dear Dr. Robert, first of all I would like o thank you for all the humor and good advice you're giving us w/w's. You are truly a marvelous guy!

----------- My case: 30 y ol male, togheter with the most wonderful girl in the world. However, I used to be a sailor, and it unfortunately happened a couple of times that we visited brothels. I had a few encounters-vaginal sex with prostitutes, bear in mind always with latex on the "dipping" stick, and the prostitutes always insisting on condom use. Bear in min that this was stuff that happened 8 years back in time, and I tested negaive after my last exposure(which really isn't an exposure since condom was properly used)-however this was only four weeks post the last exposure, and now when "life" is supposed to start, getting married, hopefully have a child or two, I am starting to second guess, and find myself in the worried-well hell. Reason why I get worried is that I seem to remember that 2 weeks after my negative test I got Ill, fever and headaches- however that is not uncommon in northern europe in february, as it was. ---------------- I have the courage to get tested, not gonna waste my life worying for something that probably/hopefully hasn't happened, but please tell me- if 'i test positive, how can I live with myself, knowing that I might have infected the ONE I love. That is my main concern. I am not worried about myself at all, excellent health, except I can feel one lymph node in my neck, which has been there as long as I can remember. Just give me a little advice so I can snap out of w/w hell.

Will be donating after results.

Hugs&kisses from a hetero male

Hello Hetero-Male,

Assuming that latex condoms were used properly and did not fail, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. So why are you so hung up on worrying about infecting someone eight years after what amounts to a non-exposure? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Get a rapid HIV test to put your residual unwarranted and irrational worries permanently to rest. You'll be WOO-HOOing in as few as 20 minutes. If you don't and continue to write in with these inane worries, I'll come over and give you a swift kick in the butt, OK?

Hugs and kisses to you too (much more pleasant than having to endure my "asskickery").

Be well. Good luck.

Relevant of a Post-exposure treatment
Oral sex... please, I need some help. Also... where can I make a donnation??