Kindly edify" this" occupational incident

Dear Sir, I am a practising Radiologist here in India.I work in a multi speciality hospital.This morning when I was assisting 'ultrasound guided Liver abscess aspiration', I was not wearing protective gloves when handling the transducer.As the procedure got underway, the surgeon happen to withdraw the 'pig tail catheter' from the cavity when I was looking at the monitor, and in the process, sprayed the transducer and my hands with droplets of blood.I think there were no fewer than 4-5 droplets of patient's blood on both my hands.I had a good look at my hands and when the assisting nurse put a little surgical spirit on my hands to clean up immediately, I noticed a small, about 4-5 millimeter superficial cut on my right thumb.Now am not absolutely certain that there was blood on that breach, however I did experience a little burning sensation when the spirit came into contact of the same.I quickly ordered for a HIV1&2, and HbsAg serology tests for the patient.The pathology staffer carried out 'spot tests' approved by US.FDA as well as other equivalent bodies in our country. She said the patient's status for Both HIV 1 &2 as well as HbsAg were Negative. Ofcourse Dr.Bob, there were anxious moments for me, so much so that I actually tried to squeeze the little cut on my thumb to see if the wound bled.It did not.There was probably some serous appearing fluid, tiny amount at that. We consulted the Post Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV Guidelines.It says if a health care worker is exposed to HIV Negative blood, by way of superficial pricks or deep pricks, no P.E.P is warranted. That information has indeed eased my anxiety a bit, and please Dear Dr.Bob, write to me and confirm my faith in the guidelines for HIV P.E.P, which clearly says sup/deep pricks from HIV NEGATIVE sources does not mandate p.e.p.Kindly do write back.

I absolutely concur with the guidelines and would not recommend a course of PEP for this type of exposure.

just wanted to say thank you..
Relevant of a Post-exposure treatment