can i WOHOO becaue i donated blood...promis to donate!

hi doctor,

im the one who donated blood to know if my blood is clean or not..i am from philippines..

but they will check my blood for it right??

in the questionaire, there is a question asking if i am donating blood to know my hiv status....so i assume that they are aware of people like me who are donating blood to know their status?

up to this moment, nobody is calling me or notifying me...

i hope that is a good indicator..

And I do mean HELLO!!!!!! Exactly which part of "...Blood donation centers are not HIV-screening sites! If you are worried about being HIV infected, you need to see your doctor or go to a clinic..." didn't you understand????

can i WOHOO becaue i donated blood...promis to donate! Feb 10, 2008

hi dr! you are so amazing! i will make my question short...

my exposure is a one time protectd sex but not sure if im really protected..didnt check condom if it is intac...im a straight male

after 8weeks of that exposure, i donated blood for the purpose that i will be checked for hiv... its been 2wks now since that donation and nobody is calling me...do you think I can WOOHOO now?? can a donated blood with hiv test negative if it is still in a window period?

i read a forum, they stated that they had read an article that at 8 weeks it is conclusive for healthy individual..hope you can answer me SEXY!

how can i donate?

". . . I donated blood for the purpose that I will be checked for HIV . . . ."!!!??? Am I reading that correctly? If you had even the slightest worry that you were HIV positive, donating blood would be an unconscionable and immoral act! You would potentially be putting other people at great risk and I can't imagine anyone would do so for such a selfish reason. Blood donation centers are not HIV-screening sites! If you are worried about being HIV infected, you need to see your doctor or go to a clinic.

needle prick injury - exposure to HIV
just wanted to say thank you..