Response to Feb 18 Post Re: Needle Exchange

I just want to thank you, Dr. Frascino, for your answer to this post. If I may be so bold, I would also like to expand on it. I want to emphasize the fact that not only are needle exchanges and drug rehabs NOT either or, as you stated, but they often go hand-in-hand. I work for an agency in central NY that runs a highly effective needle exchange program. With every clean needle we hand out, we provide education (yes, even about possible ODs and how to avoid them!) and referrals to drug rehabilitation centers. In our experience, the drug users that frequent the needle exchange are much more likely to get into a rehab, because they literally have someone they know and trust sitting there with them, helping them get into whatever treatment they are ready for. I have also met with many individuals that are former "customers" of the needle exchange, and more than one have credited the program with "saving their lives." So anyway, *stepping off soapbox* thanks for letting me get that out. And thanks for all the wonderful work you do! -K.L.

Hello K.L.,

I'll gladly post your comments.

And now it's my turn to thank you for the wonderful work you do! BRAVO!

I too followed the Swiss Report & rec'd BB anal
Readers plz read. Doc- no resp necessary