Love From Australia

Hi Dr Bob,

Hi I live in Australia

I've decided to leave my money and shares and house in my will to both cancer and HIV research. I cannot understand why it is not the worlds priority to find a cure for both. It baffles me. Both my parents died of cancer so I was originally going to leave everything to cancer research. But after finding your site I changed my mind. I certainly hope there IS a cure before I die though. In the meantime I will get a donation to you. How do I do this from here?

My question is this:

I had a brief episode where my partner (unknown HIV status)put his penis unprotected in my vagina for a few seconds. No ejaculation. What is the risk there? He is adamant he doesnt have anything, as he used to BE a HIV counsellor and a nurse. But he might be blase.

I was worried about oral sex but after reading everything on here I am no longer worried.

About one week after the unprotected penis incident I developed a head cold and chest infection. he has it too. Ive had the head cold and chest infection now for about 3 weeks.

I wouldnt be as worried were it not for the head cold. Head cold and coughing up phlegm. IS this a symptom? We have been seeing each otherfor 4 months and used a condom every time apart from that one 4 second incident.

thankyou, please give me your opinion

k

G'day k,

The HIV-acquisition risk of four seconds of unprotected receptive penile-vaginal contact with a partner of unknown HIV serostatus would be incredibly low.

Your isolated head cold is not worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). A rapid HIV test at three months or longer would provide you with a definitive result and have you cackling WOO-HOO like a crazed kookaburra in heat.

Sincerely, Thank you, please read
I value your opinion! (WHY ARE PEOPLE WITH AIDS STILL DYING?)