Looking Back

Hey Dr. Bob, I was thinking about you the other day, and I would just like you to know how much I appreciate your work and how much it meant to me (in 2005, can you believe it!) that you took the time to respond to my questions (more like frantic babbling nonsense, of which there were several).

I just searched the history of your website, and lo and behold, there were my posts from 3 years ago.

I wrote in under Scared Shitless ( My name is Will), and I had it all, white tongue, eye floaters, back pain, every possible "symptom" that I could find for myself. All are nonexistent now. My message would be: Take a deep breath. Whatever your situation, your first priority is to give your self a chance to calm down. The world is by no means going to end, regardless of an eventual Positive or Negative test. Believe me, I know. I was TERRIFIED. I couldn't sleep at night. I was CONVINCED, despite medical evidence and the WOO-HOO stamp from Dr. Bob, that I had HIV. There was not one person in the world who could convince me otherwise. But I didn't. It was all in my head. And lets say I do have unprotected sex again, and I get tested. And it's Positive. I'd like to think that now that I have faced the possibility of Having HIV, that I would be more prepared if this does happen. Who knows. What I do know is that, believe it or not, I would still have a life to live, filled with love and joy and satisfaction, and yes, hardship-- But I would have to remind myself not to give up. Because there's a whole world out there waiting for me to get past my self and join in the fun. I won't wait another day. Thank you Dr. Bob. You've got my vote for president if you ever decide to run, God knows you'd be up for it! Take care, and know that my thoughts are with you and your hubby. Your courage and compassion awe me and inspire me. In a world with so few Heroes, you are mine.

--Will (scaredshitless-- no more)

Hey Will,

Welcome back to the forum! Wonderful news that your "every possible symptom" magically evaporated once you realized you were HIV negative. (There are numerous testimonies of similarly miraculous cures in the archives.)

Thanks for taking the time to check back in and also to share your personal story. Hopefully it will help other "Scared-Shitless Wills" to become future "Scared-Shitless No Mores!"

Thanks also for your very kind comments. They are warmly appreciated. Stop by anytime will. You're always welcome here.

Be well.

freaking out/ or hiv
Sincerely, Thank you, please read