Possible Exposure Today...!

This morning I inserted my penis into my partner's anus, uncovered for a few moments and then withdrew. He is HIV+ for a year now and not currently taking meds. I'm concerned as to whether PEP is warranted as there was no forceful action (there was plenty of lube included)that could have rendered his rectum traumatized or bloody.

Please advise.

Dude, what the hell were you thinking? Oh that's right, you weren't thinking! Or at least if you were, you were thinking with the wrong head! You obviously know better, right? Of course you do!

Your risk is brief insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive and not on antiretrovirals (therefore possibly having a high viral load). This degree of risk would warrant a recommendation for a course of PEP. I suggest you get started immediately. PEP is most effective when started as soon as possible after the exposure. You can read more about it in the archives. Your partner's HIV specialist may be willing to prescribe the antiretrovirals for you on an urgent basis and to follow you throughout your 28-day course and period of post-PEP follow-up testing (six months).

Doctor looking after terminal AIDS patient
*BIG OL HUGS*