I'm so sorry

Hi Dr.,

I truly apologize if you've already answered this, but I couldn't find it in the archives. I recently tested HIV negative with oraquick 3 months post exposure. However, my ANA was positive. It was 320 i think. I haven't gone in for more tests. I was just wondering if that could have given a false negative?? I had read somewhere that HIV patients can test positive for ANA.

thank you so much

My advice would be to see a rheumatologist for further evaluation of your positive ANA. Depending on the cause and severity of the underlying condition, follow-up HIV screening may be warranted.

hiv+ and oral sex
Thank you and advice to Worried Wells