I'm so sorry
Feb 18, 2008
I truly apologize if you've already answered this, but I couldn't find it in the archives. I recently tested HIV negative with oraquick 3 months post exposure. However, my ANA was positive. It was 320 i think. I haven't gone in for more tests. I was just wondering if that could have given a false negative?? I had read somewhere that HIV patients can test positive for ANA.
thank you so much
Response from Dr. Frascino
My advice would be to see a rheumatologist for further evaluation of your positive ANA. Depending on the cause and severity of the underlying condition, follow-up HIV screening may be warranted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching Scratch On Skin?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- HIV Infection Risk Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Cut In Mouth
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.