Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

In UAE and need advice
Feb 16, 2008

Hello,

I am living and working in the UAE. For those of you who dont know it is a zero tolerance country meaning if you get tested positive you get the boot! Nice and understaning i know! Anyway my situation is this - I met a Kenyan sex worker and went back to her place. We had foreplay and the kind that involves me rubbibg my penis around the edge of her vagina whilst masturbating myself. Now one thing led to another and for maybe 3 or 4 strockes my penis may have been anout 3 inches inside of her. I have since done my reasearch that says 23 percent of people from that country have hiv/aids and am obviously worried. What would yur advide be here. Your help here is greatly appreciated as i have no where to go as doctors here when asked about the subject take a "your satan and shouldnt be in this country attitude" and to be honest seem to have a lack of understanding on the subject. Now i am a herpes carrier and i know that also adds to the mix. Please help...

Stuck and worried

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV-acquisition risk would be low, but not completely nonexistent due to the unprotected, albeit very limited, Mr. Happy insertion. Get an HIV test at the three-month mark to calm any of your residual fears. (Perhaps you could test while on vacation in a more enlightened country.) Regarding UAE, talk to your friends and family about changing the perception of HIV in the UAE and hopefully abolishing the draconic ban on and deportation of HIVers. Change happens when people demand it.

Dr. Bob

Previous
if can answer those "you must be kidding" questions, atleast you can answer this !!
Next
incomplete PEP

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.