Left In Doubt

I am a gay man who tested antibody positive and WB indeterminate at 3 months following a possible exposure to HIV with a person of unknown status (condom breakage/being the receptive partner). At 4 months post, I had another antibody test done at the same lab, along with a PCR RNA & a PCR DNA test. All 3 of these tests came back "negative". I was assured from my doctor that I shouldn't worry, but I'm still afraid to be intimate with anyone in the case that my 6 month test will come back as positive. Is it possible to revert from an HIV positive antibody test to a negative test one month later? How reliable are the RNA & DNA tests versus the antibody test? I must inform that I did take a 28 day PEP regimen within 36 hours of the possible exposure. Would this mess with the test results?

Thank you in advance, L.I.D.

Hello L.I.D.,

Your four-month negative HIV-antibody, HIV PCR RNA and HIV PCR DNA tests are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Blood on toliet seat and Dr. Lorraine Day
I nominate Dr.Bob...