Why don't you chip in - instead of blaming Bush!!

Hi Doctor,

I am pretty sure that you will never dare to publish this post. For it will expose your hypocrisy and double standards!!! I am not kidding. Just look at your responses to those heartbreaking posts who said they were out of options for getting further treatments for AIDS because they could not afford it. And the best you could offer them was to Google for ASO. As if they would not have tried that already, as if they already didnt know. Doc, please show some intelligence. They were asking for help from YOU!!! Doesnt your foundation provide compassionate generous care for people affected from AIDS pandemic. Doesnt the scope of your foundation include people like these!!! Else, what exactly is the purpose of your foundation?

Well, if you cannot afford to provide for these people, we will. Unfortunately, it will still take your involvement. No thanks to you. Please request the readers of this forum to donate for such needy people I am sure plenty will respond. You will have to verify the patient claims and manage the logistics of either delivering the funds or the medicines. Should you decide to go ahead, my 500 dollars are on the way. I will donate the same day when you take this initiative.

Cletus Arnold

Hello Cletus,

Why would I "never dare to publish this post"??? Although I do take very strong objection to your baseless claims of my "hypocrisy and double standards." And I'm not kidding either!

This is an HIV/AIDS information Web site and that is exactly what I provide: information. For your information many HIV-positive folks are unaware of potential benefits and services offered by various local, regional, national and international organizations and agencies. Most have not "tried that already," because they probably didn't know that such programs even existed. Second, I suggested their HIV/AIDS specialist might intercede on their behalf with the pharmaceutical company for compassionate use of the drug due to financial hardship. I have done this for a number of my patients over the years quite successfully. The reason I blamed Bush is that we now have 47,000,000 uninsured Americans. His programs and policies continue to make this number skyrocket. Recently he vetoed the expansion of the S-CHIP program, which would have insured an additional 10 million children. (Apparently he just doesn't think kids need all those immunizations!) The questioner's tragic circumstance points out these shameful and immoral policies. I published his post and made the points I did to educate our readers on the scope and urgency of this problem. Hence the need to kick the Rodeo Cowboy out of the White House and elect someone with intelligence, common sense and moral fiber, such as Barack Obama!

Next, I also take offense to your disparaging comments about the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's clear from your comments you know absolutely nothing about me or my foundation. I would suggest you go the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org and click on the NEWSLETTER icon. There you can read exactly how the foundation is working to accomplish its mission. Clearly stated, that mission is to provide crucial services for men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS worldwide and to raise awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Presently we have programs to provide HIV drugs and nutrition to HIV-infected children in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo. We also provide funds so that uninsured and low-income HIV-infected infants can be treated at Oakland Children's Hospital. We have supported AIDS hospices; Meals on Wheels programs; the provision of HIV medications in the Caribbean and a variety of developing nations; AIDS legal services; and emergency funds for those in need in San Francisco (AIDS Emergency Fund), Palm Springs, San Diego and elsewhere. Our awareness and prevention programs include grants to colleges, HIV testing and prevention counseling, condom distribution, lectures, concerts and displays of the AIDS Memorial Quilt, just to name a short list of our endeavors.

The naveté of your comments demonstrates you obviously don't have a working knowledge of tax-exempt charitable organizations or how they function. Let's take the gentleman in question, for example. Exactly how would I "verify the patient's claims and manage the logistics of either delivery of the funds or the medicines"??? And who would be responsible for monitoring the gentleman for side effects and toxicities. And if we miraculously do give this gentleman medications, there are still 47,000,000 other Americans without health insurance. Somehow I don't think your $500 and good, but naive, intentions to have someone else manage all the logistics are quite going to cover it.

I have devoted my time, energy, talent and resources to combating the HIV/AIDS pandemic. I have personally raised well over one million dollars for the cause and touched the lives of thousands of HIV-infected people. Cletus, exactly what have you done? I would take your comment "Doc, please show some intelligence" and turn it back in your direction. Should you ever write back, I would strongly suggest you begin with a sincere apology.

Autoimmune and HIV testing period
Could there really be a cure?