worried on reactive elisa

Hi Bob, About 2 years ago when I did my medical examinations,my medical report showed HIV 1/2 negative.I was really happy!Recently,I needed copies of the report for reference and saw a detail results. It's documented as repeatedly reactive on Elisa but negative on Western Blot.The report mentioned "results caused by false-positive screening test results elicited by transient cross-reactivity with antibodies to unrelated viral agents."I also had the Tetanus vaccination and got tested for MMR and PPD.

I freaked out after this news but "cool down" a little after reading false positives in your archives here.The question I have is that should I get retested for HIV or stop my worries right here?Do I need to test for something else due to some antibodies present in my body?My only risk outside my marriage was massages with handjobs. May be I shouldn't have got the detail report and sticked to the negative Western blot 2 years ago.

I hope I can get a response from you quickly to calm myself down.

Thanks, Mr. Worried

Hey Mr. Worried,

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. Your HIV test is indeed negative. A repeatedly reactive ELISA and negative Western Blot is considered a negative HIV test, because the Western Blot test is the more specific test. No additional HIV testing is warranted. You should be WOO-HOOing, not worrying.

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying; you're fine and dandy, OK?

Happy Valentines Day
Oraquick Results