|transmission from anaesthetist
Feb 13, 2008
I am anaesthetist,been positive for 8 years on haart regime with viral load less than 20 for last 8 years,what are chances of transmission to patients after taking precautions like wearing gloves to insite canulas,and intubations,and other proceedures,thank you in advance,jaya
| Response from Dr. Frascino
If "universal precautions" are followed, the HIV-transmission risk would be nonexistent. But as an anesthesiologist, you knew that already, didn't you? Of course you did.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Know If U Are Hiv Positive?
- When Will A Woman Find Out She Has Gonorrhea?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Does Exposure To Herpes Mean?
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.