Please help...I am going crazy now

My situation is very close to the girl that wrote that she was raped almost 12 years ago. I was not forced to perform oral but he did make me have unprotected vaginal sex (unknown hiv status). I was raped 11 years ago. I took an Elisa test at 6 months and again at 9 months and they were both negative. I understood at the time that I had tested enough. Can you tell me if 9 months was long enough or do I need to get tested again?

I am going crazy and need to know if my test were conclusive. I, like everybody else, had every symptom in the book but understand that does not matter if the tests are negative.

Thank you Dr. Bob for your kind heart.

Negative ELISA tests out to nine months are indeed conclusive and definitive. Additional testing is not warranted. You are correct: Negative HIV tests outside the window period trump symptoms (even "every symptom in the book") every time.

Be well.

re: practice what you preach.
PLZ! for the sake of my sleep! 6TH TIME! (donation!)