One More Time - Symptoms are like a.. you get the idea

Hey Dr., I'll start off by letting you know how... how do I say it? Well, I'm just stoked that there are people like you out there in the human mass that take the time to help, that want to help, and are consistent in their wish to better other peoples' lives. I don't want to blow too much smoke, but I mean, it's hard to get the point across with something like "I'm impressed with you and your work." Guess that works too...

This is my third attempt, and final question for you. I hope you find the time to answer it, if not, that's cool too... mainly because I can recognize all of my problems in the question, and solutions really - But find it extrememly hard to follow through with most anything so... ehhh...

(some backgroud info) I'm 20 years old (male) and about 3 years ago was pretty sexually active with a total of 6 girls (not all at once lol) but yea. This was over the course of 1-2 years and of these 6, only 2 I think could have been infected (and if this one was, I definately have AIDS.

Before THE ONE, I started seeing a girl and having sex, and shortly after I got SHINGLES and they scared the shit out of me. I got tested. Negative. BUT I really doubt it was at the three month mark, like 99% sure. (Could I have gotten shingles that fast from being with someone who is HIV +?) I have had a pretty hectic upbringing and at the time, was really stressed out about my music, my situation, my life. The doctor said stress, made sense. Fast forward a few months and met this girl(kind of a street girl(not hooker)but one that had been around.I only had vag. sex with her maybe 3 times (but oral sex alot)we did have unprotected sex while she she was on here period. While she was bleeding. Man... I have no idea how to explain that. It's disgusting for one, but it was such an odd chapter in my life, this 25yr old hypnotized me at 17 and yea... it is what it is. I was victimized! lol... I did have sex with one girl after that, but only unprotected for about 2 mins, then the next 3 mins were protected. haha. but now to my question.

I have skin peeling on the inside of my mouth. ALOT of skin. It is daily, and happens usually overnight I think. WHen I wake up it is the worst. I have white scum on the back of my tongue, easily brushed off.

My fingernails have, off and on in the past few months lost that "half moon" skin at the beginning of the nail, and from there, peeled back in thin strips and bled.

I am very tired all of the time. And seeing as how I don't do much now(ashamed, but I live at home(moms) again and don't get out much at all. Hang around the house on the computer for most days.

Have been getting tonsil stones for about 2 years(sick little masses that I cough up from time to time that smell horrid and I assume are crazy bacteria things..

And have now been getting this rash on my legs. Its like, one spot has around 10 tiny blood marks (under the skin) and then around it up and down my legs are these bumps that look kind like mosquito bites and if scratched, become wayyy itchy. No pus or anything, some watery stuff comes out but thats it. And i get these itching sensations all over me sometimes.

I think thats it. SO: Do you think, given my sexual history, that it is possible(likely rather) that I have HIV/AIDS and am only now starting to see the effects in these minor infections/problems I got? I know I got kind of an issue with myself and self image/confidence, irrational thought about AIDS(are they irrational though? I mean, I don't think so, but maybe they are..) Kind of stir crazy, but I don't think my questions or assumptions that I have age are totally baseless. I just hope maybe you could help me out.

I will go get tested, though I'm so scared to do it. It's just that I'm broke, and... lol I'll shut up.

Could I make a suggestion? It would be rad in the future if the question-box was larger (maybe like, same size as a typical forum post) because, though I think I did a pretty good job editing/correcting my post, it could be made easier to ask.

Thanks to you and your whole team for going out there and doing this. Inspiring. Thats a good word to describe you and this work. Thanks, DA.

Hello DA,

Any unprotected penetrative sex places you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. So whether you're asymptomatic or have "every symptom in the book" doesn't really matter. You still need to get HIV tested. Symptoms in general are notoriously unreliable in distinguishing who is and is not HIV infected. Your particular symptoms are not at all worrisome for HIV. Regarding shingles, the vast majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

My advice is simple: Stop procrastinating and get tested. A rapid test will give you a definitive result in as few as 20 minutes.

Thanks for your kind comments about my work. As for the size of the question box, I have absolutely no control over that. However, I'm hopeful that the relatively small size will encourage folks to summarize their questions rather than to write novels.

For all the worried wells out there
Internal Warts