Update (Jan 7 - Multiple donator, first question ever)
Feb 11, 2008
I'd once again like to thank you for the valuable service, compassion and humour in a tough situation you provide us all.
I had a real exposure, with real symptoms (unlike any I have ever felt in my life), and trust me they were not in my head.
At 98 days I just had an Oraquick (orasure?) test that came back negative. Woohoo??
As an avid reader, I would like to comment on a couple of things to posters and potential question askers, that I have learned in my process:
1. There is a wealth of information in the archives. Please read them. The questions of "I once touched someones arm - could I have HIV?" (you know what I mean) are a waste of Dr. Bob's time. I know people ask them because they are worried, as was I, but the answers are readily available.
2. For people with real symptoms that had real risks - don't lose hope. Get your test. I had horrible symptoms and was negative. As Dr. Bob says "symptoms are notoriously unreliable".
3. Being Canadian (with a supposed great healthcare system) I was unable to find a anonymous rapid test anywhere, at any price. One clinic in Toronto offered it by appointment with a two week wait list. I must have called at least 15 hotlines, and clinics. I ended up having one done in the US, while travelling. My view is shame on Canada for having its head up its a$$ on this topic, and thank God the US is making simple basic rapid testing available.
Just my thoughts.
All the best to you Dr. Bob,
Sleepless..(no more, right?)
Response from Dr. Frascino
WOO-HOO! Now get to bed. Those dark circles under your eyes are not attractive!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Bad Will The Sore Throat And Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
- What Are Symptoms Of Sore Throat Caused By Aids?
- Are White Feces A Hepatitis Symptom?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Outside The Host's Body?
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- Where Is Herpes Rash Located?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.