Update (Jan 7 - Multiple donator, first question ever)

Hi Doc,

I'd once again like to thank you for the valuable service, compassion and humour in a tough situation you provide us all.

I had a real exposure, with real symptoms (unlike any I have ever felt in my life), and trust me they were not in my head.

At 98 days I just had an Oraquick (orasure?) test that came back negative. Woohoo??

As an avid reader, I would like to comment on a couple of things to posters and potential question askers, that I have learned in my process:

1. There is a wealth of information in the archives. Please read them. The questions of "I once touched someones arm - could I have HIV?" (you know what I mean) are a waste of Dr. Bob's time. I know people ask them because they are worried, as was I, but the answers are readily available.

2. For people with real symptoms that had real risks - don't lose hope. Get your test. I had horrible symptoms and was negative. As Dr. Bob says "symptoms are notoriously unreliable".

3. Being Canadian (with a supposed great healthcare system) I was unable to find a anonymous rapid test anywhere, at any price. One clinic in Toronto offered it by appointment with a two week wait list. I must have called at least 15 hotlines, and clinics. I ended up having one done in the US, while travelling. My view is shame on Canada for having its head up its a$$ on this topic, and thank God the US is making simple basic rapid testing available.

Just my thoughts.

All the best to you Dr. Bob,

Sleepless..(no more, right?)

Hi Sleepless,

WOO-HOO! Now get to bed. Those dark circles under your eyes are not attractive!

Pleasant dreams.

is it safe? is it safe? is it safe? resubmitted from the Fatigue and Anemia Forum
Please, Dcotor Bob