Dr. Bob 3rd time asking......donation coming if you answer!
Feb 11, 2008
Dr, Bob I hope you answer this Dr. Bob because I have asked numerous times....
My only fears involving HIV is that I shared a dollar bill to sniff cocaine with a group of people...what would the chances be of getting HIV from this? Has it ever happened? What if there was blood on the dollar bill and I didn't notice? Should I get tested? Not due to fears but scientifically speaking.
My second question is....is it possible to get HIV from deep kissing? I have a moderate case of Gingivitis? I was out drinking alcohol and made out with a girl. What are the chances? I know it happened once right? With that married couple in 1997?
Oh and are 3 month tests conclusive?
Please help and I will send a donation!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Theoretical chances of contracting HIV via rolled-up-dollar-bill coke sniffing would be negligible to nonexistent. Has it ever happened? Not to my knowledge. However, please note we haven't run studies on this, as the Investigative Review Board and ethics committee would tend to frown on such a clinical trial. Testing would be primarily to put your residual fears permanently to rest.
2. Kissing is not considered to be a significant risk for HIV transmission, even with a moderate case of gingivitis. Once again, if you're worried, get tested! You'll have an accurate result in less than 20 minutes with a rapid test.
3. Yep, three months is conclusive, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).
One final piece of advice: Things don't go better with coke! I recommend strongly you stop.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Show Signs Of Std?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Can ARS Occur At 10 Weeks?
- Hiv Transmission From Dried Blood On Towel
- How Early Can Acute Retroviral Syndrome Occur?
- How Soon After Infection Do Women Experience Recurrent Yeast Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.