Dr. Bob 3rd time asking......donation coming if you answer!

Dr, Bob I hope you answer this Dr. Bob because I have asked numerous times....

My only fears involving HIV is that I shared a dollar bill to sniff cocaine with a group of people...what would the chances be of getting HIV from this? Has it ever happened? What if there was blood on the dollar bill and I didn't notice? Should I get tested? Not due to fears but scientifically speaking.

My second question is....is it possible to get HIV from deep kissing? I have a moderate case of Gingivitis? I was out drinking alcohol and made out with a girl. What are the chances? I know it happened once right? With that married couple in 1997?

Oh and are 3 month tests conclusive?

Please help and I will send a donation!

1. Theoretical chances of contracting HIV via rolled-up-dollar-bill coke sniffing would be negligible to nonexistent. Has it ever happened? Not to my knowledge. However, please note we haven't run studies on this, as the Investigative Review Board and ethics committee would tend to frown on such a clinical trial. Testing would be primarily to put your residual fears permanently to rest.

2. Kissing is not considered to be a significant risk for HIV transmission, even with a moderate case of gingivitis. Once again, if you're worried, get tested! You'll have an accurate result in less than 20 minutes with a rapid test.

3. Yep, three months is conclusive, unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

One final piece of advice: Things don't go better with coke! I recommend strongly you stop.

Be well.

DR bob it's me can you read my test result please
is it safe? is it safe? is it safe? resubmitted from the Fatigue and Anemia Forum